Summers in Bakersfield, CA, are harsh, and when your HVAC system breaks, the heat can become unbearable. You need to make sure that your family is not uncomfortable in this harsh weather. HVAC maintenance is just like your regular medical check-up, which prevents any severe damage to the system. Proper maintenance and repair are vital to ensure that your air conditioner works all the summer months properly.
A sudden breakdown of your air conditioner may leave your family in sweats and a headache. It is necessary to look for air conditioning in Bakersfield. You may not know the reasons behind the breakdown of your air conditioner, here are some reasons why your air conditioner may need a service.
If you know these reasons, you will be prepared to call AC to repair Bakersfield, and you can prevent any future breakdowns. It will also tell you if there is any need for calling a professional:
- Thermostat settings: When your air conditioner breaks, you should check your thermostat settings. If there is a problem with settings, you can fix it easily.
- Batteries of the thermostat: Modern thermostats work on batteries. Batteries power them and keep them working. Check if your thermostat’s batteries are dead and replace them. It may make your thermostat work.
- The evaporator or condenser coil is clogged.: Check if your air conditioner’s evaporator or condenser coil has collected dust or dirt. You can call a professional for the same or clean the dust yourself.
- Circuit breakers or fuses : If your air conditioner suddenly stops, you should check if there are any problems with your circuit breakers before replacing them. It will help if you let your air conditioner cool for 15 minutes. If it doesn’t work, you can call a technician to look into the matter.
- Refrigerants: The concentrations of refrigerants in your air conditioner may be low; that is why it may have stopped cooling. You can call the technicians to get it repaired.
- Parts of your air-conditioner: The fan blades, conditioner, and compressor may be damaged, which could be why it has stopped working well.
When to replace your AC?
You can check for the following signs to know if your air conditioner needs repair:
- If the age of your air conditioner is 10-15 years, then you can replace it
- If your air conditioner has frequent breakdowns
- If your household electrical bills have skyrocketed
- If your air conditioner doesn’t work accurately, even if you got it maintained
- If your air conditioner is extremely noisy and the noise doesn’t stop even after maintenance and check-ups
- If your house has average air quality and your family members are getting airborne allergies frequently
Elite Air Service has been providing excellent services for 4.5 years. They give top services to keep you and your family comfortable. They treat customers as their priority, and their service personnel is mannered and polite. We provide affordable services and repairs to old and rusty HVAC systems. We provide air conditioner tune-up, air conditioner emergency services, air conditioner maintenance, installation AC repair in Bakersfield, CA. We provide our services in Taft, Shafter, Bakersfield, and other areas in CA.